28/11/2012

Sample Essay : A Day When Everything Went Wrong


A Day When Everything Went Wrong

It was happened a cold Monday morning on 5th July 2011. My housemates were away and I live all alone for few days. So, I’m free! That night, I came back late and fall asleep on the couch until morning. Suddenly, I heard a lot of noise outside as my house located near a bus stop. When I looked at the clock, it was already 7.50 a.m. God! I only have 10 more minutes before my working hour started and here, I’m still on my bed! “Oh man, today will be a hard day” I murmured. I woke up with pain on my head and sore throat.
As fast as lightning, I dashed to the bathroom. To my bad, no water came out from the shower!  I quickly searched for water and luckily there was a pail of it outside. After took my bath, I ran up to my room to dress up. This was the time when whatever things I need seem to hide away from me. I got trouble searching for keys, tie, document and my shoes! I’m going crazy. I packed all the stuffs and put them all in my car. Like a professional racer, I drove my car as fast as it could. That time, I did not ever thought about anything. My mindset at that time was to arrive at the office as soon as possible. The traffic did not cooperate with me. Now I’m stuck in a big traffic jam. After that, the traffic went back to normal and I continue to drive to my office. Then, something went wrong. My car stopped suddenly. Sweats ran through my body. “Oh God, what’s more!” I screamed to myself. I have no choice. After pushed my car to the side of the road, I decided to take a cab. I called the mechanic and let them do the rest to my car as I’m in rush now. Luckily, there was an empty cab and I arrived to the office at 8.30 a.m. I’m already late for 30 minutes and to my luck, the boss was still not around. My luck!
Then, I went to my desk. Another problem came. “You have a 9 a.m. appointment with the board of director” my colleague told me. “What?” I said. I ran as fast as I could to find the documents needed for the meeting. To my horror, I just noticed that I left all the documents inside my car which was now at the roadside. “Arghh!” I screamed in terror. I’m deadlocked. I can’t think. “Wait a minute; I still have the softcopy in my PC!” I said to myself. I went to my PC and try to print it. Stuck! Oh my god, help me! After few times trying, I managed to print it just few minutes before the meeting. The meeting went smoothly although I become nervous few times. Then everything’s went along normally until the end of working hours. I thought everything would end up happily ever after, but I was wrong. It hadn’t ended, yet. After work, I went to workshop where my car was fixed. To be shocked, they didn’t fix my car yet. As an excuse, they said that there were a lot of cars before mine that need to be repaired first. Feeling tired and tensed, I decided to accept their excuse and I have to wait for the car to be fixed. Suddenly, I heard a weird sound nearby me. I searched for it and to be exact, the sound came from my stomach. My stomach was growling in hunger. I didn’t eat anything since morning. Then, I felt dizzy and so weak. An hour later, my car was fixed. What a day, I had to pay around thousand dollars for the breakdown. Oh man! It was middle of the month and I haven’t received my pay yet. Flushed and devastated. That’s what I felt.
After that, I drove back home. During on my way, there was a police roadblock. Then, another bad luck came. The police stopped me and checked all my IDs and license. At first, I thought everything was fine. But, suddenly the policeman came and asked me to get out of the car. “Sorry sir, but your license is not valid anymore, it had been three months. So, I have to summon you” the policeman said to me. I’m shocked, again. “Why am I became so careless?”, I asked myself. I had to pay for it. Nah! I’m screwed. Then I went straight home. At home, my housemates scolded me as I didn’t do the chores and the house was in mess. I’m really tensed. Too many things happen to me in a day. Was it a coincidence or fate? That’s made me puzzled. That night, I can’t sleep. The entire incident dragged me into a question, why. Then I realized something. All this while, im always depend on others. I need to become more matured, independent, and responsible person. That day truly changed me. the conclusion is, never take things for granted.